Photography

Saturday, August 6, 2011

More Farmer’s Wife Love

I finally got around to adding a few more to my FW block collection.  I’ve  been chipping away at the blocks along with my friend Samantha and  here are the newest additions:

IMG_3898

postagestampblock

IMG_3899

While I fully realize that none of these fabrics particularly go together right now, I’m hoping that mixed into 110 blocks there will be some sort of cohesion.  I must admit that I’m quite jealous of all of the beautiful blocks people are making with brighter, modern fabrics.  Unfortunately I don’t have much of a stash and a lot of the fabrics I have were given to me.  I decided to make this quilt completely scrappy and since I’ve discovered that my local quilt shop has a huge scrap bin where you buy by the ounce, I’m going to continue along with mostly traditional fabrics and own it.  I’m a little nervous about that postage stamp block fitting in but I’m going with it.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

it will all come together when you choose a backing/binding. That's what quilts were truly about, scraps!